During this time of international crisis, prayers for Coronavirus protection are greatly needed! Those who pray for an end to this pandemic are eligible for a Plenary Indulgence, if they meet the conditions outlined by this Apostolic Decree. Consider the following way to pray:
- Pray for all those who are suffering from the Coronavirus and those working toward prevention, containment, and cure of the Coronavirus. Also, pray for those poor souls in purgatory who have died from the Coronavirus. Record your prayers – and see the number of prayers grow each day!
- Pray the 54 day rosary novena to Our Lady of Fatima for Coronavirus protection. This Novena begins on March 20 and continues until the Our Lady of Fatima Memorial on May 13. You can join the Novena at any time – it is never too late to unite in prayer!
- Participate in a continuous chain of prayer and fasting for Coronavirus protection, sponsored by the Catholic Spirituality Centre in the Archdiocese of Singapore.
- Join the nightly Virtual Rosary Campaign, sponsored by the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, via phone or Zoom video conference to pray for Coronavirus protection.
- Pray this prayer to our Mother Mary for Coronavirus protection, composed by Pope Francis.
- Pray this prayer to the Holy Virgin of Guadalupe for Coronavirus protection, composed by the Archbishop of Los Angeles.
- Pray a novena to Our Lady of Monte Berico, who interceded to save Italy from a great plague in the 1400s.
During our prayers, let us also remember to gaze upon the image of Divine Mercy with complete trust in our hearts. Even at this time of great sickness and uncertainty, we trust in You, Jesus! When feeling fearful or anxious about the future, try praying the Litany of Trust or the Surrender to the Will of God Novena. Even in the midst of this Coronavirus pandemic, we must trust fully in the Most Merciful and Compassionate Heart of Jesus!
Mary, Help of Christians and Health of the Sick, pray for us!
St. Michael the Archangel, protect us and defend us in battle against the Coronavirus!