During this time of international crisis, prayers for Coronavirus protection are greatly needed! Those who pray for an end to this pandemic are eligible for a Plenary Indulgence, if they meet the conditions outlined by this Apostolic Decree. Consider the following ways to pray:
- Pray these two prayers, composed by Pope Francis, to our Mother Mary for Coronavirus protection. Consider praying these prayers at the end of the Rosary, especially during the month of May, a month of particular devotion to our Blessed Mother.
- Pray for all those who are suffering from the Coronavirus and those working toward prevention, containment, and cure of the Coronavirus. Also, pray for those poor souls in purgatory who have died from the Coronavirus. Record your prayers – and see the number of prayers grow each day!
- Join the Little Sisters of the Poor in reciting the rosary every day for an end to the Coronavirus pandemic. The goal is to recruit 1 million families, inspired by Our Lady of Fatima’s words to Sister Lucia, “When a million families pray the rosary, the revolution will end.”
- Unite prayer with action by practicing the Corporal and Spiritual Works of Mercy during the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Participate in a continuous chain of prayer and fasting for Coronavirus protection, sponsored by the Catholic Spirituality Centre in the Archdiocese of Singapore.
- Pray this prayer to the Holy Virgin of Guadalupe for Coronavirus protection, composed by the Archbishop of Los Angeles.
- Join the nightly Virtual Rosary Campaign, sponsored by the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, via phone or Zoom video conference to pray for Coronavirus protection.
- Pray a novena to Our Lady of Monte Berico, who interceded to save Italy from a great plague in the 1400s.
During our prayers, let us also remember to gaze upon the image of Divine Mercy with complete trust in our hearts. Even at this time of great sickness and uncertainty, we trust in You, Jesus! When feeling fearful or anxious about the future, try praying the Litany of Trust or the Surrender to the Will of God Novena. Even in the midst of this Coronavirus pandemic, we must trust fully in the Most Merciful and Compassionate Heart of Jesus!
Mary, Help of Christians and Health of the Sick, pray for us!
St. Michael the Archangel, protect us and defend us in battle against the Coronavirus!